Saturday, May 19, 2012

Channing Tatum: Magic Mike isn't about my life

Actor Channing Tatum recently made it a point to clear up the idea that ‘Magic Mike’ is a movie about his life. Although it seems most of the population isn’t too worried about whether or not the stripper biopic is based on the actor’s days prior to hitting it big, and more concerned with the shirtless cast, Tatum seemed adamant when speaking with Entertainment Weekly. “This movie isn’t about my life. [The plot] has nothing to do with me other than that there’s an 18, 19-year-old kid coming into this world. That’s it. [But] I think the world is pretty damn accurate. Everything you see in the movie is stuff that I saw.”

He also went on to add that his work as a stripper wasn’t fun, noting his dislike for the wardrobe. “I never enjoyed the taking-the-clothes-off part. You are on a stage with people yelling at you, and you feel you’re a rock star, but you’re nothing – you’re just a guy taking off his clothes, looking like a fool in a stupid outfit.” While we can understand Tatum’s need to clear things up, the busy performer is about to draw million of movie goers all looking to get a view of him working the stage. Instead the actor is giving True Blood’s Joe Manganiello credit. “With Joe Manganiello in a movie, I think even straight guys are going to be, ‘S**t, I need to see that,” Tatum laughed. “That man is a specimen.”


source

No comments:

Post a Comment